Thursday, January 12, 2012

And so it begins...


This blog is about my life...running, biking, travel, my dog, my boyfriend, crafts...life. Today seems as good as any to get this bad boy rollin' since I'm running the Covenant Health half marathon this Sunday (April 1st) with my friend Lauren. Hopefully the race directors don't pull any cruel April Fools jokes! Training for this sucker has been...let's say...a bit of a struggle. I've learned so much about how to fuel my body so it will perform. Sometimes this means learning the hard way..like doing a 9 mile run the day after St. Pattys in the middle of the afternoon heat. The good news is I've got it pretty much figured out. And I've had a training buddy - my puppy Ari.

Ari the yellow lab

He loves him some trail running. Especially if it's really muddy. He loves the mud. That dog is the sole reason I started trail running and it's amazing! I am doing my first trail race on Easter!

And just for fun, the other man in my life..
Asheville, NC


That handsome man is my boytoy, Joel. And on that note, it's time to go see that pretty face.

No comments:

Post a Comment