Monday, November 26, 2012

Recap: week 17 of marathon training

We are down to 5 days!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday: rest day
Tuesday: 4 mile trail run with the little Indian and the dogs. Man I've missed trail running. Felt good to be out there!
Wednesday: had a 6 mile run on the schedule but it didn't happen...see Thursday. Also, sat in a car for 5 hours on the way to NC (should have been a 4 hour drive...thank you Thanksgiving traffic).
Thursday: Thanksgiving! I ran 4 miles (had 3 on the schedule) and my uncle convinced me to walk and talk for a bit with him. 5.5 miles later of speed walking, I had 9.5 miles under my belt. Turkey earned!

Thanksgiving spearmint, cinnamon, clove, chamomile tea..mmmm mm

Friday: ate bacon and drove home from NC.
Saturday: Ran 8 miles, spectated at Joel's cyclocross race, and spent time with high school friends. I've missed them!

beautiful day for a race
 
Sunday: Ran errands like no-body's biznas.

With the weak of the race going quickly, I am all over some inspiration. The Non-Runner's Marathon Guide for Women is hilarious. The passage below made me laugh and stuck with me!

perks of marathon training

2 comments: