Monday, July 9, 2012

Lessons Already Learned

Before I get to the lessons I already learned, here's a quick weekend recap.

Friday night we took the mountain bikes out for a spin! We had some nasty storms the day before and there was debris everywhere so I cut my ride a little short. Joel and Ari had some good fun though!

Concord Park trails

Saturday morning I did a road ride with my dear old dad. Really nice morning but got hot fast!

Race leader Alejandro Valverde of Spain and Caisse d'Epargne rides in the peloton on stage three of the 2008 Tour de France on July 7, 2008 in Nantes, France.
just image that's me in the yellow jersey

Sunday is were the lessons come in. You see, Saturday after the bike ride, Joel and I hit the pool with some Skinny Girl Margaritas and then grabbed dinner at Savelli's Italian Restaurant. They are a mom and pop shop with some of the best Italian in Knoxville!! They are also BYOW (bring your own wine) so we had a bottle in tow "just in case" we wanted some. Drank the whole bottle. Cue Sunday morning. I had planned on waking up early to get in a beat-the-heat run. That turned into a 9am omg-I-think-I'm-going-to-die run. I did some things I know I shouldn't based on experience. Like run in the full sun while dehydrated/slightly hungover. And drink coffee to try to knock off some of the daze. And eat a bowl of cereal with milk to fuel before the run. These were all lessons I had learned in the past typically = a terrible run! I only did 5.2 miles but it was brutal! I was sure by mile 4.5 I was either going to have an accident in my britches or puke (I was hoping for the latter). Luckily neither happened, but my tummy was all kinds of messed up.

I have no pupils
It's over and I will never do those things again. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment